Tukmaria Seeds: Another Healing Superfood
Tukmaria seeds or sabja seeds are the seeds of the sweet basil plant. They have been medicinally used in India and China for centuries. Tukmaria seeds need to be soaked in water for 30 minutes before consuming. The seedy gelatinous mixture of Tukmaria seeds and water can be used for smoothies and other recipes.
Tukmaria seeds have many health benefits and are considered a superfood. These healing small black seeds are used for gastrointestinal problems, respiratory conditions, brain health, arthritis, and other health disorders.
Tukmaria and chia seeds are very similar but do have a different nutritional profile. Chia seeds are higher in protein and fat while tukmaria seeds are higher in carbohydrates. Also, chia seeds take 4 hours or more to form a seedy gel wheras tukmaria seeds take 30 minutes. Yet tukmaria seeds have to be soaked to be consumed and chia seeds can be eaten with no prior soaking.
Enjoy as many superfoods as possible and remember to add tukmaria seeds to your list of superfoods for a variety of healing benefits
Because of their impressive nutritional content, tukmaria seeds are grabbing the attention of so many health-conscious people. The following are some of the things that make tukmaria seeds worthy of being referred to as superfoods:
- They help deal with a lot of problems concerning the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. Tukmaria seeds have been used for centuries by traditional healers for indigestion, flatulence and abdominal cramping.
- Tukmaria seeds are effective against certain unfavorable respiratory conditions. These highly nutritious seeds are known to be very good at relieving whopping cough and its various symptoms. Many swear by the efficacy of these superfoods in dealing with the common cold and flu.
- Consuming them is also said to be good for the brain. Tukmaria seeds can be beneficial for individuals who are always stressed, anxious and fatigued mentally as they help in calming both the brain and nerves. They are also recommended for those who are suffering from migraine as well as depression.
- Adding tukmaria seeds to the diet is perfect for people with arthritis. Thanks to their powerful anti-inflammatory properties, tukmaria seeds can help provide relief from painful and swollen joints. Taking the seeds is also said to help minimize the formation of plaque in the arterial walls, thus reducing heart disease risk.
- They help promote weight loss. Tukmaria seeds may be consumed to assist in the elimination of unwanted body pounds. Once in the stomach, they swell further to make you feel full right away and for a much longer period of time.
- Tukmaria seeds help lower body temperature. Especially when those hot summer months strike, adding these superfoods to your favorite juice, smoothie or any other cold beverage can help beat the heat better.
- Adding them to the diet helps promote beautiful skin and hair. Because they are loaded with nutrients such as protein, iron and vitamin K, the consumption of tukmaria seeds helps make both your skin and hair healthy. Packed with fiber, they help flush out toxins within, thus giving you a radiantly beautiful complexion.
- And so much more. Chewing on tukmaria seeds is good for oral sores. Their consumption helps regulate menstrual cycles as well as treat anemia. They also have diuretic properties to help cleanse the kidneys. Those with type 2 diabetes may also consume tukmaria seeds for blood glucose regulation.
Read the full story at healthdigezt.com